Saturday, April 25, 2009

Farmers Market


Today we ventured to Denios which is a farmers market/flea market in Roseville. It was a lot of fun. I've started a diet that is pretty regimented. Lots of veggies and fruit. So we were able to get a ton of veggies and fruit that is locally grown and very fresh. Not to mention it was cheap. I really enjoy knowing that the produce that we buy is local. Growing up in Hughson we always had fruit stands and my mom would load up on fruit. I loved it. However, Elk Grove seems to only have one kind of fruit stand....strawberries. They are on every corner..ok not literally but close to it. So to be able to get all the yummy healthy food for my family, it was great. And you were able to barter with them. It was fun. I would totally recommend it.

0 comments: