Monday, February 25, 2008

Update!

I know it has been forever since I have blogged...and of course everyone has been on the edge of their seats waiting for me to write something! hehe Well a lot has been going on. Today I started my first job. Whew....the first day is always the hardest. Believe me, it was wonderful, exciting, and awkward all in the same moment. I'm still working for the school district but I am no longer on the playground. I now have the privilege of shadowing a 2nd grade boy, Roman. He has autism and needs extra help in class. It is going to be such a learning experience. I'm totally excited. I'll be sure to keep you all posted on mine and his progress.

Joshua has decided to participate in the local wrestling team for his age group. This is going to be a whole new avenue for me. I don't know anything about wrestling, however, Jareb is so excited. He's actually going to be able to help coach! Oh and I'm so excited... I got an great e-mail from Joshua's teacher today. He has been struggling in a certain area lately. We have tried talking to him, encouraging him, and even taking away privileges. We were really stuck trying to figure out what to do. Finally I had a conversation with his teacher and together we came up with a solution. Today she said that he had a wonderful week, last week, and that the problem seems to of been remedied!!! Not only am I happy that we found a solution... I'm so proud of Joshua that he has chosen to do the right thing!

0 comments: